Read this in
about 4 minutes
While I surpassed my Goodreads challenge of reading 40 by 13 more books , this time around too I hope to read a lot many books and outdo my set target ! I read about 8 out of the 10 books that I aimed to read last year along with all the other books that I picked on whim. This time around my TBR is going to be a mix of Authors, genres and titles that I would like to read throughout the year.
1. Explore more Magical RealismWhile I fell in love with both magical realism and Murakami , I could read only one book by him. I also collected a few Gabriel García books, and wish to read both these masters in the forthcoming days.
2. Children’s booksYes, another genre I loved in 2016! I procured the entire Anne set and would love to re-read Anne of Green Gables and all other titles in the series. Other than this I would only be too happy to squeeze in an Enid Blyton and some other loved writers for children.
3. Short StoriesReading short stories is an ideal way to take a break from lengthy exhaustive reading . They make for great reads while travelling , and maybe planning to read these will bring some luck with travelling too .
4. The original and the re-tellingThis is one thing that I really look forward to ! Reading an original and it’s retold version sounds fun right?
5. ClassicsThe genre I like the least - the language is strenuous and the plot can be tiresome , but they are what they are for in-spite of being difficult reads , they leave you awestruck and with a lot to think about! Maybe a classic or two throughout the year wouldn't be too bad, would they ?
6. Author goalsI really wish to read some Authors like Milan Kundera, Amitav Ghosh , more Bukowski etc , why ? They are extensively loved by so many bibliophiles and it’s a shame I haven't read a lot by them!
7. Agatha Christie I have a growing stack of books by this legend .What’s the use of them if I ain't reading a couple of them throughout the year ?
8. Throwing in some loveI need to read me some romance, as it seems I am losing the romantic in me!
9. Spiritual/ non-fiction booksI am not too fond of non fiction , but the only way to truly understand the real world is to delve deeper in it. I hope to read at least one book that makes me a tad more spiritual , or probably makes me more aware of real people , and real situations.
10. Them mysteriesYes, the genre I LOVE! Needless to say I hope to read mysteries of all kinds . Be it a psychological thriller , or a crime thriller – I am sure going to read a lot of these!
11. Fantasy A genre that I haven't read , because I have a preconceived notion that I possibly wouldn't enjoy it.Hoping to read at least one fantasy , just to step into a magical world , because sometimes,all you need is a little magic.
12. Commit to a Series The commitment phobic person that I am , I failed starting “A song of Ice and Fire” in 2016 , but I continue to resolve to read a series even if its not all the books in a year , at least one can hope to make a start.
13.Poetry Another genre I love , I hope I read more poetry than I did last year- for in these intense , sensuous lines a part of me finds home
14.More Readalongs!Reading along with a bunch of book-lovers is fun! The discussions that follow , the dissection of the book , the various perspectives , and the understanding of characters from so many different angles is enriching and I wish to soak more of the awesomeness spread by fellow bibliophiles.
15.NO READATHONSThe one thing I despise the most is reading in a rush ! Reading is therapy , reading is done best when done at one’s own pace .Reading is wholesome when you can savor the lines , dwell on the emotions and re-read until to read between the lines , and reading with the clock ticking in my ears is an absolute no-go!